Thursday, February 16, 2012

Background

Welcome to my new blog! I have decided that I will give this blogging thing a try. A little background on myself, I currently work for a financial advisors office. My husband is a project engineer. We have a beautiful 2 year old daughter that has led me to this blog. She was born after a difficult pregnancy. She was an answer to our prayers and she continues to amaze daily with all that she can do.
She was born on 2/8/2010, via c-section. We thought that everything was fine for the first few days, then 5 days after she was born, she started crying all day, every day and nothing seemed to help soothe her. After months of appointments and tests, on 6/30/10 we were told that Ali has agensis of the corpus collasum (the two hemispheres of her brain aren't connected like they should be). We were told that there was a possiblilty that she would never walk or never talk depending on how much of the corpus collasum was missing and what portion of her brain was affected. Ali started physical & occupational therapies in August of 2010. With the help of her therapist in April of 2011 Ali started walking!! She is also talking up a storm! She has also been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, sensory processing disorder, & obsessive complusive disorder. She will more than likely be diagnosed with autism at some point. She has a cyst in her brain and fluid in several spots, she has a small hole in her heart, she has numerous gi & urinary issues & sleep problems. 
So, I have decided that I will start a blog so people can follow along with our journey. Hang on, it might get bumpy!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment